Add in Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Farfalle with bacon, pesto, & sundried tomato

My mom’s husband found this recipe in the newspaper and clipped it in hopes that I would make it when I came home to visit. It turned out pretty good.

8 slices of bacon
10 oz pesto
1 lb farfalle pasta
¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
1 cup grated romano or other hard Italian cheese

Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces and fry in a skillet over medium-high heat until done. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta. Mix in pesto and sundried tomatoes. If it looks too dry, use some oil from the tomatoes to moisten it up. Mix in bacon. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and enjoy!

Notes:

+ I made homemade pesto with organic basil, instead of using store bought pesto. Big ol’ bunch of basil, about ¼ cup of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, and a handful of pine nuts mixed up real well in the food processor.

+ The bacon was good, but a bit too overpowering. I think this would be perfect with chicken in lieu of bacon. Or, leave the meat out altogether and just make it a vegetarian dish.


7 comments:

  1. minus the bacon or with a bacon substitute, i would adore this and the bacon sounds delish but being a vegetarian, i'll have to do without lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has the best taste with bacon. I tried with chicken but it's the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delicious post...:)
    thanks to the author for sharing such an amazing post...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very informative and remarkable post... Mouthwatering.... Hope I could cook... But now I am heading towards MOM... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for he great recipe....I am really impressed...thanks for the post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so enjoyable when reading your post. I will recommend it to more people. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told used to
    be a entertainment account it. Look complicated to far added agreeable from you!
    However, how can we keep in touch?

    my page; buy penomet

    ReplyDelete