Add in Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Confessions of a Serial Baker

I have recently been baffled by a puzzling phenomenon: my cupboards are overflowing, and yet there’s nothing to eat. I live with roommates, and we each have a designated ‘food cupboard’ in the kitchen, along with communal cupboards for pots, pans, dishes, etc. Every time I opened my food cupboard, I couldn’t find anything with which to make a meal. So I’d wander out to the dining area, where I have a small pantry-like cupboard in addition to the one in the kitchen, and still…nothing.

Since I had a bit of down time while sick, I decided to do a little cleaning and organizing of both cupboards. The kitchen cupboard would be designated for mostly baking/cooking stuffs only: flour, sugar, spices, oils, etc, and the pantry cupboard would be actual food: canned goods, rice, beans, etc.

It took me a good hour or so to dig everything out, wipe down the shelves, and reorganize, but in the end I discovered why there’s never anything to eat. Behold, my baking cupboard:



You can head over to Flickr to check out specific notes for each item, or get a larger view.

The pantry didn’t warrant a photo, because all that’s in there is a sack of split peas, some pasta, tomato sauce, and a can or two of black beans.

I think I have a problem. Somebody stage an intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment