So, this weekend I hosted a cupcake party for a friend who had a birthday recently. In case you’re wondering what a cupcake party is, here’s a general idea:
1. Invite a bunch of people over.
2. Make a batch of chocolate cupcakes.
3. Make a batch of vanilla (‘yellow’) cupcakes.
4. Ask your guests to bring frosting, sprinkles, and other toppings.
5. Make gift certificates for silly cupcake categories.
6. Get cheap prizes for everyone.
7. Have fun!
I hit the Daiso store at Alderwood for my prizes. I found some cool stuff: a fun ice cream scoop, a cooking timer, cute little Japanese cupcake liners, awesome neck ties for the men (pink with red polka dots!), and a couple cute ramekins. I also found vanilla cupcake-scented and buttercream-scented candles and lip balm at the Yankee Candle Co., a cupcake cookbook, and a host of other fun stuff on the cheap.
Everyone seemed to have a fun time and I’d love to do it again soon! Here are a few photos from the evening:
Full set of photos over here.