Add in Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cookies 'n' Cream Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

Cookies ‘n’ Cream is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. It’s my standard fall-back choice if I can’t decide or am unsure I’ll like everything else on the menu. Since I love it so much, I figured why not make Cookies ‘n’ Cream cupcakes?

The directions are pretty simple: Make a basic white cake, crush up some Oreo cookies and add ‘em to the batter, and plunk half an Oreo wafer in the bottom of each cupcake tin before the batter is spooned in.

Top the finished cakes with a buttercream frosting (3 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick of butter, a couple tablespoons of milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla), and sprinkle even more crushed Oreos over the top. Mmmm!

Oreo wafers waiting for batter.



Cookies ‘n’ Cream batter.



Out of the oven.



Finished cakes.



3 comments:

  1. Why in the hell did I not get to taste these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great ideas in about blogging. You have
    touched some fastidious factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


    My web-site forex trading strategy ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your
    content seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post
    to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon.
    Kudos

    Stop by my blog betting on sports ()

    ReplyDelete